The types of personal information we collect
In order to provide you with services, or to perform a function related to providing you with services, we need to collect and hold some personal information about you. The types of information we may collect include:
- your contact details (such as your name, address, position, employer, email address and contact phone numbers);
- your credit card details;
- credit information about you; and
- records of your use of your services and your communications with us.
We may also collect these details from your employees or authorised representatives and you must make sure that you have obtained their consent to us collecting and holding their personal information.
If you don’t provide us with the personal information we need, we may not be able to provide you with the service you want or we may be restricted in the way that service can be supplied.
How your personal information is collected and held
We usually collect personal information about you when you interact directly with us. For example, we collect your personal details when you provide information to us in person, by phone or email, or when you enter your personal details on our websites. We may collect personal information from you in connection with Superloop events, promotions or marketing activities.
We may also collect personal information about you indirectly, including from:
- anyone authorised to act on your behalf;
- our employees, agents, contractors and suppliers;
- credit reporting bodies and credit providers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers; and
- public sources.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide you with services and support. In doing so, we may use your personal information for related purposes as required in the normal course and scope of our business, such as:
- carrying out checks for credit-worthiness;
- provisioning or connecting your services;
- dealing with your enquiries and providing you with customer support;
- managing your services, including account management, billing, processing payments and collecting payments;
- investigating complaints and carrying out dispute resolution;
- administering our agreement with you;
- product research and development, business planning and staff training; and
- communicating with you about the services and special promotions we (and our associated companies) offer which we think may be of interest to you, unless you have requested us not to do so. We may tell you about these services and offers via direct mail, electronic direct mail, unsolicited telemarketing calls or any other means of direct communication. You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
How we share your personal information
We may need to share your personal information with other organisations in connection with our supply of services to you. We will however, not share your personal information, without your consent, with any organization outside our group of companies for the purpose of that organization marketing its products or services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information to:
- our suppliers and agents so we can supply the service to you;
- our out-sourced service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf, such as contact centre services, mailing functions or IT services;
- credit reporting bodies, credit providers or debt collection agencies if you don’t meet your payment obligations;
- other telecommunications and information service providers;
- our marketing partners with which we share our marketing activities;
- our legal, accounting and financial advisers and our associated companies;
- your authorised representatives;
- any person, with your consent;
- government, law enforcement and regulatory bodies where this is required for us to comply with our legal obligations; or
- a specified recipient to facilitate a purchase or potential purchase of our business.
We operate in a number of countries. The organisations that we may share your information with may be located in countries such as Australia Singapore and Hong Kong. We will request that any organisation to which your personal information is disclosed treats the information as confidential. However, they may be compelled by the laws of their own country to disclose information that we have shared with them.
How we retain your personal information
We will keep your personal information only as long as needed to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected or as required or permitted by law.
How we protect your personal information
We treat your personal information as confidential within Superloop and our associated companies. We store your personal information electronically and/or in hard copy form. We take a range of measures to protect the security of your personal information, including by storing electronic information in password-protected servers that are in restricted and monitored areas. We do not store credit card details on our systems.
All accesses to pages on our websites are “logged”. The logged information contains such things as a list of the pages accessed and the sort of browser used. This information is used to check for attempts at “hacking”, or other fraudulent activity, to indicate missing pages or other web server problems. We also use it to provide general statistics such as the number of people viewing particular parts of the site.
How to access and correct your personal information
Your personal information can be accessed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can access and correct most of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com if you wish to access or correct personal information that we hold about you.
If you have an enquiry regarding privacy, or you wish to raise a complaint, you can contact the Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07 3905 2400 (AU). Alternatively, you can write to the Privacy Officer – Superloop at the below address: Level 17, 333 Ann Street, Brisbane, 4001.